Friday, November 7, 2008

Here's the dog I've been talking about to my students and others. He's made of dog-show ribbons that Chris Walla gave to me, some time ago when I was visiting him up in Moorhead.  I haven't counted them, but there are a lot!  The dog is only made of the first prize and winner ribbons, except to fill in I've used the green obedience qualifier ribbons.  They're attached to a floor pillow that's been squished up into a dog-like shape.  He's pretty abstract, I know.  He's also just mostly pinned together in this photo (don't tell the juror!) The dogs who won the ribbons were named Gremlin, Gillian, Chelsea, and Tiffany.  They were German Shepherds, Australian shepherds, American standard pitt bull terriers, or Alaskan Eskimo dogs...I can't tell which dog was which breed, though.  The ribbons are from competitions all over the U.S. throughout the late 80's and mid 90's.  But the quality of this photo shows how much I need a different camera.  

1 comment:

Dr Write said...

I love it! And you need to blog more often. Please?
I saw some cool dresses made of wire and ceramic and thought of you.