Sunday, January 18, 2009

Making while waiting.

Our cars are not running well. It's nearly impossible to live without transportation, and we live in a place where that transportation pretty much has to be a car.  We have no bus line nearby, nor train, no trolley or golf cart.  In summer, we do have some access to Boy's moped, but in winter, it's one of two very impractical cars.  Man and I both bought our cars when we were single and had the money (or credit) and freedom to purchase something that appealed to our senses, rather than our sense of duty.  Just about a month ago, I found out that my car was designed using something I think is called human recognition marketing.  Basically, it was designed so people would have the same brain-wave reaction upon seeing it as we do when we look at babies. Apparently, I was so out of touch with my biological clock I bought a car instead of starting a baby project.  (Well, now the car is causing about as much trouble as a wayward teen.) And as for Man's car?  Do not expect that luxury prices will buy reliability in frigid climates.  

And all of that is my way of saying, I'm missing knitting group today, and I'm not happy about it.  The weather and the transportation issues are killing my social life and that, according to Good Housekeeping Magazine, may shorten my life!  Ah well, someone will get a lot of good yarn and fabric when I do go. 

No comments: